Introduction to CarPuters
CarPuter = Car Computer = Computer for the car = Automotive Computer
What is a CarPuter? In principle a car computer is nothing else than the PC you have sitting on your desktop at home. Maybe a bit more compact, needs lesser power and has some partially customized components. But below the line, a CarPuter (Car Computer) is a fully-fledged PC, as you know it all.
- Video (DVD, Divx, XVid, …)
- Music (MP3)
- TV (DVB-T)
Todays CarPuters (Car Computers) are reflecting state-of-the-art features, when it goes into navigation! And because the maps are saved on the harddisk, you do not have to reload. Navigate in “one piece” from Berlin to Lissabon!
- Easy, speech-based navigation
- TMC-support (dynamic routing around traffic jams)
- Map support for the whole world
- Bluetooth interface to the cell phone
- WiFi Wireless LAN (free Hotspots!) connectivity
- Cellular HSDPA / 3G / GRPS / UMTS connectivity
- Electronical GPS-based drivers log
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
A CarPuter (Car Computer) is a REAL PC! And of course you have all the familar interfaces like USB, Firewire, Printer, External Display, HDMI, COM, etc..
- Any compatible software can be installed and customized
- Memory, Harddrive, CPU… are upgradable
- Take other or additional TFT Displays
Last but not least, a CarPuter (Car Computer) means Lifestyle. Do not allow anyone to dictate you what to use in your car. Create your mobile system as YOU want it!