Mini PCs and carputer systems and components online stores
If you’re looking to buy carputer related products, these sites are your best bet.
They’re reputable, and reportedly offer great customer support. We do not review or present “chinese” products.
If you’ve had a different (good or bad) experience with any of these vendors, please let us know.
- Car TFT.com – Professional Car PCs and Displays online store. CarTFT.com was founded in spring 2003 with the goal to offer people a cheap way to integrate carputers (computers into cars).
- MiniPC.de – Shop for Mini-ITX, PicoPSU, Barebones, TabletPC, TFT-Displays and Jetway IPC – all carputer components you will ever need!
- RevoSys – a global industry leader of cutting edge mobile solutions. Revosys provides slim and robust systems featuring Wireless Connectivity, Interactive Touch-Screens, Fleet Management & Tracking, Geo-Location Based Advertising, Facial Tracking, Digital Video Surveillance, and Survey Capabilities.
- LinITX.com – Embedded & IPC Systems – The UK’s biggest small form factor specialist. Mini-ITX, CarPuter and Specialist Components Store.
- Mp3car.com – The Mp3Car Store is the leading online marketplace for mobile computing technology. The mp3Car Store Advantages: Same Day Shipping On In-stock Items, Guaranteed 1 Business Day For Responses to Customer Email Inquiries, Basic Technical Support Provided at No Additional Cost
- Xenarc Direct – Xenarc Technologies is the leader in LED Display, Touchscreens, and Car Computers. XenarcDirect is a subsidiary of Xenarc Technologies Corp. Please visit Xenarc.com for more information and latest product updates.
- Mini-Box.com – Inexpensive CarPC kits based on the mini-ITX platform.
- In-CarPC.co.uk – In-CarPC is a specialist manufacturer of high quality & cost-effective vehicle computers. Equips vehicle fleets with dedicated PC hardware for the mobile workforce who needs to be connected and productive while in the car.
- E-Motion Systems (former DashDAQ) – e-Motion’s product line is focused on connecting to OBD2 vehicles to read data, operate gauges, and reprogram. DashDAQ offered PDA-sized dash-mounted Linux based CarPC reviewed in Linux Magazine.
News sites, community sites, forums and blogs about carputers, mini and car computers
If you want to talk about carputers/carpc’s, these links are for you. These websites are the best resources for finding help.
Chances are, your questions have been asked before so try to search the site for your problem before asking a question that may have already been answered.
- CarPuter-World.com – You are here now as we are trying to stay up-to date with latest products in the field of carputers, components mini and car computers. And we thank you for your visit!
- CarTFT.com Community and Forum – The CarTFT.com community page (one of the oldest, since 2003) and forum. New carputer projects, forum, user reviews and many more.
- MP3Car.com – one of the oldest carputer forums. If you’re new to carputers, you’ll probably find answers here.
- Digital-Car.co.uk – one of the best CarPC / CarPuter forum (UK)
- Centrafuse Forum – Centrafuse Carputer, CarPuter (Car Computer) & UMPC Forums. This is a discussion and support forum for Centrafuse
- MacVroom – This is another big carputer forum site. It’s mainly geared toward Mac carputer fans – your source for Mac mini car integration! You’ll find the latest news, helpful product reviews, installation tips, and convenient links to useful information. Mac your ride!
- Car-PC.info – The German reference forum for car PCs, GPS, mobile computing, MP3, ODB, In-Car PC, Navigation software, GPS and much more. Community, Wiki, help and troubleshooting.
- carputers.org (seems no longer valid)
- Mobile-Effects.com – Global carputer information website (seems no longer valid)
- DashboardMonkey.com – Car computer enthusiast blog and carputer news (seems no longer valid)
- Linux CarPC – Linux based CarPC Project Blog (seems no longer valid)
Printed books about car PCs, car computing mods and carputing
- Car PC (CarPuter / Car Computer) Hacks – Tips and Tricks for Geeking Your Ride
A car PC or carputer is a car tricked-out with electronics for playing radio, music and DVD movies, connecting to the Internet, navigating and tracking with satellite, taking photos, and any electronic gadget a person wants in a car. All these devices are managed and controlled through a single screen or interface. The only place car PC enthusiasts can go for advice, tips and tools is a handful of hard-to-find Web sites–until now. Car PC Hacks is your guide into the car PC revolution.
Packing MP3 players, handheld devices, computers and video-on-demand systems gives you a pile too heavy to carry. But add a car and put them together, you’ve got a powerful and mobile multimedia center requiring no lifting. The next time you give kids a lift, you won’t hear, “Are we there yet?” Instead, expect “We’re there already?” as they won’t want to leave the car while playing video games from multiple consoles.Car PC Hacks is the first book available to introduce and entrench you into this hot new market.
You can count on the book because it hails from O’Reilly, a trusted resource for technical books. Expect innovation, useful tools, and fun experiments that you’ve come to expect from O’Reilly’s Hacks Series.Maybe you’ve hacked computers and gadgets, and now you’re ready to take it to your car. If hacking is new and you would like to mix cars and computers, this book gets you started with its introduction to the basics of car electrical systems.
Even when you’re unclear on the difference between amps and watts, expect a clear explanation along with real-life examples to get on track. Whether you’re venturing into car PC for the first time or an experienced hobbyist, hop in the book for a joy ride.
- Geek My Ride – Build the Ultimate Tech Rod
Roll up your sleeves and get ready to totally tech-out your ride! Geek My Ride is the first do-it-yourself guide to installing a variety of awesome projects that will turn your ordinary vehicle into the ultimate tech rod! Car hacker Auri Rahimzadeh guides readers through 15 cool projects, complete with tools, skills and step-by-step instructions.
Geek My Ride goes way beyond factory options and teaches readers how to install a custom car PC, with Wi-Fi, Internet access, and more. Dive into installing video gaming systems, video surveillance, LED message boards, and more. You’ll even learn to how get your car’s new MP3 player to sync with your home music collection wirelessly when you pull into the garage!
Foreword by Steve “Woz” Wozniak.
- Build Your Own Car PC (CarPuter / Car Computer) – Everything you need to expertly install car PCs
This is a heavily-illustrated, step-by-step guide to installing and controlling a car PC — using commonly-available, off-the-shelf components. Numerous how-to photos and product shots allow you to easily navigate each step even if you have little “do it yourself” experience.
Includes parts and required tool lists, troubleshooting tips, and a list of manufacturers where you can purchase the parts best suited for your customized system
Companion website offers free software and demo versions of products to use with your car PC
- Car Hacks and Mods for Dummies – Whether you want to compete at drag strips or on road courses or simply accelerate faster on an interstate ramp, if you want to improve your car’s performance, Car Hacks & Mods for Dummies is just the boost you need.
So you want to turn your Yugo into a Viper? Sorry… you need a certified magician. But if you want to turn your sedate sedan into a mean machine or your used car lot deal into a powerful, purring set of wheels, you’ve come to the right place. Car Hacks & Mods for Dummies will get you turbo-charged up about modifying your car and guide you smoothly through:
- Choosing a car to mod
- Considering warranties, legal, and safety issues
- Hacking the ECU (Engine Control Unit) to adjust performance-enhancing factors like fuel injection, firing the spark plugs, controlling the cooling fan, and more
- Replacing your ECU with a plug and play system such as the APEXi Power FC or the AEM EMS system
- Putting on the brakes (the faster you go, the faster you’ll need to stop)
- Setting up your car for better handling and cornering
If you don’t know what a carputer is, you can read more about them here
- Wikipedia – The Free Internet Encyclopedia
And, finally, the (Ultimate) List of Carputer Installations
Note: some may be broken or old links
- Telek’s MP3Car site (’97 Cavalier Z24)
- Tom’s Civic carputer project
- MazdaPC/ZPC headquarters
- MP3ford.com The Mp3Ford Project Mk III – ’88 F-150 Custom
- DigitalJetta.com Neat looking site with pictures, this guy must be in graphics design
- MP3VW MP3Volkswagon – including lotsa pictures and information
- Zootjeff’s MPEGBOX Plexiglass Computer, power supply and shutdown controller
- Maxima of doom
- GuRuGoD’s photo album
- MP3Swift car audio system
- Jeff Mucha’s MPEGBOX Car Mp3 Player
- Rob’s MP3 Corsa Page
- Daniel Soh’s Mobile CarPuter (Car Computer) Entertainment System
- Maxima 2k2 carpc
- Cliff’s Grand AM GT1
- Grandamp insane mobile computing
- Dashboard PC – The Linuxcar. Looks like he’s got some really cool car integration here too
- Albysure’s Chrysler or at least his sounddomain profile
- Allen’s Ford or at least his sounddomain profile
- CJonesy’s Corvettes w/ CarPC
- CJonesy’s BMW M5
- The Strife Carmp3 player
- MP3 Jeep
- ArbyTech! including pictures and a forum
- SPKelly’s Dodge System
- BombBoyer’s Nissan System
- Defiler’s Rotary MP3 Land
- BJ Blaster!
- HJ Networks Technology on wheels
- Sproggy’s website unfortunately not updated in ages
- Angibabi’s Car-Puter install. SS camaro 350 5.7 running Win98Se. That car makes me want to cry.
- Moahdib’s CarPC
- s2ksocial snazzy looking site
- Eugenec9’s mp3 car photos
- NHP 200NC , a lightweight caseless PC the world has never seen before. (probably for good reason)
- CarStereoComputer , Pimpdogg’s site, he also makes the Carcomp’s media engine listed above
- los mp3s “1 month of nonstop music”
- MP3 Cavalier
- MP3 Grand AM
- Astallaslions Pictures for his carmp3 player
- Intrepid CarPuter (Car Computer) pictures
- Rob’s mp3mini
- Rob’s openclassic
- Dale’s Carputer car mp3 system, old but good
- Felix automp3.de simple multimedia install
- MarkF’s “Special Edition” SS40G pretty sweet setup!
- The Odyssey Project home of MPS-1
- MP3Ian 1987 Holden VL Berlina
- DivX-Car (in french) nice looking setup
- 7th Gen Civic Has many different featured 7th generation civic cars, lots of info
- MP3Suv a “coming soon” site for carmp3 enthusiasts (several months overdue)
- Acura Integrated mp3 car
- Cajun another linux car-mp3 system
- tAK carmp3 player
- rav4mp3 Rather incomplete site (not to mention old), but has a lot of photos – Toyota Rav4
- Henk Bliek carPC project
- Lena CarPC project, work in progress!
- Someones Carputer lots of detail, except he seems to have omitted things like who he is and what car he has
- G35 Some guy with a 6speed G35 coupe (drool)
- rbarr110s site 2002 Toyota tacoma double cab
- DIY CAR Now this is really neat, a guy wants to MAKE HIS OWN CAR
- The Strife MP3 Carputer
- Cheryl the 1994 Mazda 626 LX 4-cylinder 16V DOHC carputer
- The ex-G-Crome Neat car, but blew up
- MPTHREE Car System and overview
- G60 Taylors Volkswagen Mk1 G60 MP3
- daCARpc website in german
- diversionmary carputer by eric bostrom
- The CarPuter Donnie Pinkstons carputer project
- Tony’s carputer site Including information on what NOT to do
- Steve’s Carputer including a lot of pictures and detailed instructions
- ccMcc cruise cheshire Modified car club — taking the term RICER to a whole new level
- The Vauxhall Vectra Carputer / CarPC Project Follow the Vauxhall Vectra Carputer / CarPC Project through the highs and lows. Ideal for those looking at a simular MP3 GPS multimedia system for their car
- austmp3car.tk Austrailian MP3 car portal
- Cap Car Audio Player
- The MP3Mobile one of the first Car MP3 players
- InCar MP3 Player another old car MP3 player
- Arby’s MP3Box website
- Adam J Nelson install of his sproggy based power supply